Sunday, March 1, 2009

Missing Tamales

So the other day Susan bought some homemade tamales from a Mexican gentleman on the side of the road. I was preparing them for dinner and had placed them in a 9"x11" pan sitting on the stove top waiting for the oven to heat up. We were debating what else to have and decided to go down stairs to pick out a couple things from our 'fruit room'. We were only gone a minute or so and upon returning the pan was still in its original place, put three tamales were missing, their husks were on the floor and the above pictured suspect was standing on the stairs going up with a look of 'it wasn't me' on his face.

Now Chico is typically a very obedient dog, but has been known to steal and consume a whole pan of cooling homemade cinnamon rolls more than once. Maybe his taste are changing or he his expanding his cultural horizons.

BTW, the tamales were very good, --that old thing about 'a dog's mouth is cleaner than a humans', Caitlyn is really hoping that is true.

3 comments:

brenna said...

I think he is trying to get in touch with his roots. His name is Chico Rivera afterall...

Suz said...

He did that once to a whole plate of freshly grated cheese. I grated about 2 cups onto a plate then I ran downstairs to get something. When I got back 45 seconds later, it looked like I hadn't grated any cheese yet...no Chico in sight.

Chico said...

It wasn't me!