Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wouldn't You Know It!


So I had a fun, casual birthday this year with the famn damily that was in town. Everyone spoiled me with nice thoughtful gifts.


Bob went out of her way and found me a AR-15 lower receiver. I don't know how she did it.
I have been lamenting for quite a while that I would like another project and wish I could put together another 'black rifle'. As I have mentioned in other threads there has been a huge run on these guns due to the fear of new gun control laws and campaign promises from Barack Obama. Anyway, now I have the base I need to get my next project going. Unfortunately, as I started trying to find parts yesterday I found that people of not only ran on guns, but also on every component from the smallest screw and spring to barrels, etc.
No guns, no PARTS, no project. Maybe Bob can find the parts I need?


A few weeks ago Barack announced that it would not be politically viable to implement any assault weapons ban or restrictions, even though that was one of his campaign promises. Hopefully, with this statement the demand on parts will lesson and I will be able to start on my next project in a few months.
Still very ironic how the efforts of the gun control advocates have placed so many new guns in the marketplace that their efforts have completely backfired on them.


In the mean time, --maybe I will learn how to play the guitar??

2 comments:

Suz said...

Learning to play the guitar would be a good hobby. Especially if you are going to keep adding to the "'Hall" of Fame", pardon my pun. Too bad about the parts for the AR.

brenna said...

Oh man! At least Father's Day is coming up...