Saturday, January 24, 2009

Forgetting Oneself


As I have grown older, and hopefully wiser, I have found this to be true in all aspects of life:


'In order to be successful in any kind of undertaking, I think the main thing is for one to grow to the point where he completely forgets himself; that is, to lose himself in a great cause.' – Booker T. Washington (1856-1915)


Booker, you were a very wise man.


If we are dedicating time which is not an unlimited resource, to anything of value, or as we perceive it as value, whether it be our vocation, personal life or religious practice, we need to 'forget' our self to a 'greater good' to be successful.

2 comments:

brenna said...

Great Post!

Amber said...

Working one on one with clients is the best part of my job because it means my focus is completely dedicated to helping that individual in any way I can. It is so rewarding to see those people find success.

I agree.