Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gran Torino Blues......

With Brenna and Matt's upcoming wedding in less than a month, there has been a lot of activity going on around the house. There is a wedding dress (I don't want to know how much it cost) hanging up in Colton's room, sorry Colt. Announcements and invitations have taken over the kitchen, and the groom to be is living in our basement? Hey, wait a minute, I am not sure that is typical? Luckily, he seems like a nice guy and seems to fit in pretty well with everyone except Chico, who has decided he needs to mark the whole downstairs so he doesn't loose his position in the pack to Matthew. Yes, Chico now is back in 'pants'. Sorry buddy, couldn't protect you from the women on that.

Back to the wedding activity, I am fortunate to be the pending nuptial's sponsor, which means I just have to pay for the envelopes and not lick them. Having the 'paymaster' title and office, precludes or exempts me from most of the pre-wedding fun. Though the wedding can be an inconvenience at times. I have been trying to go the new Clint Eastwood movie "Gran Torino", and not because at age thirteen, Starsky and Hutch's Torino was about the coolest cultural icon going, but because it is supposed to Clint's great swan song and probably his greatest movie yet. I haven't been able to get a date to the movie because my 'girl friend' (Susan Rivera, for those who minds are somewhere else) has not had the same senior management exemption as me, and has not been available.

So, I guess Clint saving the Hmong immigrants and himself will have to wait, and I will have to at least wait, for the kitchen to get back to its old self.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie/gran-torino/

4 comments:

brenna said...

Senior Management is supposed to have exemption from those kinds of tasks? My job certainly never taught me that...

I'm sorry your gf is so busy and the wedding has taken over the table, the good news is, we're about done! Then I bet you could get the whole family to go with you. Then you can sponsor that activity :)

Erin said...

I'll go with you if it turns out the wedding take-over precludes a pre-wedding showing! Unless you have to supervise the other California reception.

Actually, Abe has a great idea...let's go to a matinee before the wedding while Matt is in class! The event is late enough I think we could swing it...but again, probably without your GF.

Suz said...

I like the idea of taking just the gf.

Colt said...

nice blog dad! I'm diggin the grouper. Gran Tarino looks like a great movie.