Saturday, January 31, 2009

Grieving......

After an unbelievable shock and sense of loss I guess I need to decide how much charity I really have in my heart.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=5443906

I have always been more than a little guarded with my personal friendships, but have always felt that those I have let into my little sphere of life are my very good friends. This has always been a small and select group. Whether, this philosophy is best or not, it has seemed to suit me well. I also have always tried to be the best friend I can be to this little group. I include in this group people, mainly men, that have been my mentors, their mentors, peers, childhood friends, and even some family members, close and extended.

I have learned this week that one of these people, my people, may/has committed some grievous actions against least one child. There is not much more this man could have done to absolutely, completely, repulse me (it is reported that he has confessed to at least one of the charges). I struggle relating or understanding the gay thing, but I am dumbfounded by pedophilia. I don’t get it, why do people do these things? How do they become so ‘broke’?

If this man is innocent, I will stand up for him and help him and his family in anyway that I can. Guilty, I don’t know, maybe the best I can do is try to still remember the good and visit him in jail? Maybe I can focus on the ‘other’ victims, his young family and lend support there. This is definitely a test of my character, from a charitable perspective.

Wade what in the hell have you been doing!!

4 comments:

Suz said...

I know how you feel. My heart feels broken for this tragic event. My heart goes out to his family, the victim, and even him as, even though this may be just consequences for his decisions, it is still a tragedy.

Erin said...

Wow, what a shock. What a horrible thing for everyone involved. It is hard to know how to react to something like this. Everyone makes mistakes...but this is a big one to make. I'm not sure how I could actually react if this were a close friend but if we really are judged on how we judge others, maybe it is worth leaning to the side of charity.

Colt said...

dang

brenna said...

I was really surprised when I heard. I was even more shocked and saddened when I read he admitted to it.